Monday, June 16, 2008

Straight Talk


last night it occurred to me that in almost three months of writing my blog, i haven't mentioned my Holy Grail hair product ONCE! this is preposterous seeing as how this product has completely won me over and knocked out every other hair product from my beauty arsenal. i have naturally wavy hair that's fine in texture but very abundant, and ever since the tender age of 13 i've been struggling to get a perfect, silky, shiny, poker-straight blowout. i am literally obsessed with sleek, straight hair, and my quest for perfect straightness has led me down many different paths and through many different products, but this one product has topped them all! what is this miracle product you ask? it's the fabulous Kiehl's Heat Protective Straightening Cream, $15! this ONE product has replaced the FOUR other products that i used to use to blowout and straighten my hair, and it's considerably cut down the amount of time it takes me in the bathroom! what is so wonderful about this product, in my opinion, is that it does everything you need a product to do when you're straightening your hair. after my hair is about 60% air-dried, i use a dime-sized dab of the cream (the perfect amount for my just-skimming-the-shoulders length hair) and work it through, concentrating the bulk of the product on the lower half of my hair and especially the ends, and then gently brushing throughout my hair to distribute evenly. after that, i blow-dry and then flatiron, and my hair turns out sleek, silky, and straight without a bit of frizz and not at all weighed down. this cream doesn't build up on your hair, doesn't kill volume, and doesn't leave you feeling greasy or dull, either. i used to have to use a straightening cream, split-end mender, and serum before blow-drying and then a shine spray afterwards just to get the beautiful looking hair i now achieve with this one fabulous product. and the price is very reasonable for higher end haircare, the 5 fl. oz. tube lasts for atleast six months when used three times a week! if you have wavy hair that you prefer to straighten, this miracle cream is definitely worth a shot.

what's your favorite, can't-live-without-it hair product? let me know in the comments!

No comments: